4 large or 8 small skinless/boneless thighs (you can use bone-in just add to cooking time)
1 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
3 TBSP fresh oregano (or 3 tsp dried)
2 ½ TBSP fresh chives (or 2.5 tsp which is what I use as I can never get good chives)
2 cups strawberries (one pint is more than enough)
2 1/4 tsp lime zest (1 lime)
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
9 x 13 roasting pan (or whatever you have)
- Chop oregano, chives and strawberries.
- Combine chicken in a bowl with oil, oregano, 1 tablespoon fresh chives, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Let marinate for 30 minutes (or so).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place chicken in roasting pan. Make sure to uncurl the thighs so they are flat if not they will not cook properly.
- Roast the chicken 20-30 minutes, depending on the size of the thighs. I know that is a big range, but thighs are all different sizes so if you want to be totally certain they should be 165 degrees F or just cut through one.
- While the chicken is cooking combine strawberries, lime zest, sugar, vinegar, the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh chives and a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl. Let stand at room temperature until the chicken is done.
- Just before serving, taste the strawberry relish and adjust the amount of sugar, vinegar and/or salt if needed. Serve the chicken with the relish. If you have to make the relish in advance it will taste great, just be more mushy.
- Serve together and makes great leftovers for a day or two.